The M.Tech.(CSE) is aimed at providing a comprehensive overview of the recent developments in various frontier areas of Computer Science and Engineering including Computer Architecture, Software Systems, Parallel and Distributed Computing and Networking with Web Technologies. To provide a sound basis, sufficient amount of theoretical input is also given to the students. Another feature of the programme is that the students will have ample opportunity to carry out research & software development in the labs.
M.Tech(CSE-IS) is aimed to focus on the recent developments in the areas of Information Security. The curriculum for these P.G programmes has been carefully crafted to cater the need of those students who are admitted with their basic degree in computing. In other words, care is taken, not to repeat the same, good old courses of U.G in the P.G level.
M.Tech (By Research) is aimed at students interested more in exposure to research in various fields of Computer Science & Engineering. It emphasizes research work, providing students a distinctive opportunity to undertake research work and innovation.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
PEO1: Analyze, design and create computing solutions for scientific and multidisciplinary engineering challenges.
PEO2: Pursue a successful career in industry/academia/research/government driven by strong foundations and in-depth domain knowledge and contribute to the engineering sphere as a competent professional.
PEO3: Demonstrate an exceptional involvement and active participation in Research and Development leading to new innovations and optimized solutions.
PEO4: Engage in lifelong learning with persistent scientific temper for professional advancement and effective communication of the technical information.
PEO5: Work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environments by respecting professionalism and ethical practices within organization and society at national and international level.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
After the completion of the M.Tech. programme, the post graduates of the Computer Science and Engineering department will
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and principles of computing in the design and development of software and hardware systems of varying complexity.
- Enhance skills and continuously acquire advanced knowledge in Computer Science, multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary domains for professional excellence.
- Identify, formulate and critically study the problem, design and develop efficient algorithms, conduct experiments, analysing the results and applying the knowledge to different domains.
- Apply current techniques, skills and modern engineering tools to build robust, reliable, maintainable, scalable and efficient computing systems by considering social, environmental, economic, and security constraints.
- Critically analyze existing literature in an area of specialization, conduct investigative research to develop innovative methodologies to tackle issues identified and contribute to the development of technological knowledge and intellectual property.
- Manage and execute complex engineering projects under economic, time and performance constraints.
- Contribute and communicate effectively in multidisciplinary and multicultural scenarios.
- Become a complete professional with high integrity and ethics, with excellent professional conduct and with empathy towards the environmental and social needs.
- Critically evaluate the outcomes of one's actions and apply self corrective measures to improve the performance.