UG Programme of Department of CSE received the maximum award of five year accreditation from the National Board of Accreditation, an autonomous body of the Government of India. For more details: http://nitk.ac.in/news-announcments-tenders/all-nine-b-tech-programmes-nitk-receive-maximum-award-five-year
B.TECH (CSE) The U.G programme in Computer Science and Engineering is perhaps the most popular programme in N.I.T.K Surathkal, with an average intake of 110 students per year. The Computer Science and Engineering department makes all efforts in imparting high quality education to its highly motivated students. The B.Tech programme has innovatively been designed to cater to the global demands and offers a balanced coverage of hardware and software systems. The programme includes elective courses covering thrust areas such as Distributed Systems & Computing, Parallel Architectures & High performance computing, High-Speed Networks, Designing with Network Processors, Security and Embedded Systems Cloud Computing etc. The B.Tech. programme enjoys an enviable placement of almost 100% year after year. About 25 to 35% of the students pursue higher studies after their graduation, mostly in U.S with scholarship and even without fellowship. The UG curriculum is a blend of the conventional and the radical. It is updated regularly to keep up with the growing demands and the changing trends of the software industry.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
PEO1: To provide students with sound foundations in Basic Sciences and fundamentals in Engineering Sciences.
PEO2: To inculcate strong problem solving skills through the courses of CSE.
PEO3: To provide students with hands on experience in implementing various software development concepts.
PEO4: Train the students in project based assignments.
PEO5: To impress upon students the importance of good ethical practices, right professional conduct and responsible team leadership.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
After the completion of the B.Tech. programme, the graduates of the Computer Science and Engineering department will have the
- Ability to apply knowledge of computing, mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Ability to formulate and analyze a problem, and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution using basic principles of mathematics, science and computer engineering.
- Ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer based system, process, component, or software to meet the desired needs.
- Ability to design and conduct research based experiments, perform analysis and interpretation of data and provide valid conclusions.
- Ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
- Understanding of legal, health, security, cultural and social issues,and thereby ones responsibility in their application in Professional Engineering practice.
- Understanding of the impact of professional engineering solutions on environmental context and the need for sustainable development.
- Understanding and commitment towards the professional and ethical responsibilities of an engineer.
- Ability to function effectively as an individual, and as a team member / leader in accomplishing a common goal.
- Ability to communicate effectively, make effective presentations and write and comprehend technical reports and publications.
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies, and use them effectively towards continued professional development throughout the life.
- Understanding of engineering and management principles and their application to manage projects in the software industry.